Sunday 22 November 2009

Rainy Sundays and The buying of equipment pts 1 & 2

I still maintain that playing Prince of Persia for two hours in my pyjamas counts as training. I mean, he does loads of running around and jumping between rooftops and stuff and it was raining. That said, I did make it out for about half an hour, in a slight detour that dumped me at the bottom of the steep end of the valley, just by Moulsecoomb station, so I ended up just walking back up that, just as it started to rain again. It was annoying, because I had planned to repeat and improve on my run from last Sunday but what with the rain and a general lack of motivation that I've been suffering from all week (not just on the running front - I haven't had the desire to do anything much) it didn't really happen. I know that it'll pass, and I just have to wait for my energy to come back a bit, but even that knowledge doesn't always help when you're in the middle of it.

What I did manage to do this weekend was make it to the army surplus store at Preston Circus to buy some t-shirts and vests to train in. Paul Bruton's is seriously the best army surplus store I think I've come across, beating even the one at Greenwich Market that I used to go to as a teenager. I had meant to head there when I got first started training but I left my debit card on my desk at home and didn't realise until I was already at London road. What followed was a fairly miserable trudge into town, ending up at Sports Soccer staring at huge and unintelligible piles of trainers and racks of identical but slightly different tracksuit trousers. I bought a pair of Puma's in the end - as much as I might want to even I realise that I cant do proper running in my DMs.

No comments:

Post a Comment